At James Dick Companies we have a mission to make our workplaces safe, fun and respectful places to work. We work hard during the construction season and our people earn a good living for their families. We have benefits packages for our employees and their families. We treat everyone the way we like to be treated ourselves.
If you are a driver, we offer opportunities to run a well maintained truck on regional deliveries, close to home and family. You sleep in your own bed, home every night.
Consider joining our team, you will be happy you did.
For current employment opportunities, please see below.
Night Shift Shop Foreman – Full Time – BOLTON
We are looking for a Nightshift Shop Foreman who will be responsible for supervision of the shop operations
- Supervise the operations of the service shop, manage the staff, assignment of work, and review quality of job completion
- Manage a team of technicians and apprentices in all aspects of productivity including diagnostics and repairing of company fleet vehicles
- Schedule PM work in accordance with availability of employees
- Oversee and ensure that all safety and company policies are being followed at all times
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary to meet deadlines
- Submitting parts request to ensure timely job completion
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual projects to the mechanics
- Assist Fleet Maintenance Manager in training and supervision of maintenance personnel
- Delegate and assign work as required to technicians, review and manage work orders to ensure accuracy and completion
- 310T or equivalent license
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Lead Hand or Foreman position
- Experience with computerized work orders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web based software
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Shift hours 4:00 pm to 2:30 am Monday to Thursday. 4:00 pm to 12 midnight Fridays
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self-starter and work under minimal supervision.
We offer competitive wages and great benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume.
Please note that only the candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Shop Foreman: preferred
- Diesel truck shop Lead Hand: will be considered
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please send resume to email@example.com
310 Technicians & Mechanic Apprentices – Full Time – BOLTON
We are always looking for experienced 310T Technicians.
- Run diagnostic tests & perform inspections
- Diagnose electronics: transmissions, brakes & engines
- Troubleshoot & perform repairs on heavy trucks and trailers
- Inspect & test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults & malfunctions using computerized systems and testing equipment
- Adequately perform evaluations & repairs on transmissions, brakes and engines
- Complete maintenance reports & documentation using shop computer system
- Examine equipment: repair & replace deficiencies
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform provincial annual inspections
- Perform equipment testing to ensure equipment meets manufacturers specifications
- Diesel Engine Repair Experience: fuel injection systems, lubrication systems, cooling systems and exhaust systems
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills
- Effective problem solver
- Professional service attitude
- Prior fleet maintenance experience on heavy vehicles is an asset
- Possess a strong work ethic, a high degree of responsibility and accountability
- Must be punctual & able to work independently
- Safety conscious – Ability to create and maintain a safe working environment
- Must have own tools
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Truck Technician (Minimum 3-5 yrs. experience required)
- 310T License or apprentice mechanic
- Technical training on International, Mack, Freightliner, Cummins, etc. would be an asset.
- Valid G license or higher
Safety is key in our business. You will play a crucial role in maintaining vehicle safety and efficiency. You will be tasked with the maintenance and repair of our fleet which consists of a mix of trucks, trailers and specialized equipment.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AZ Drivers – Full Time – BOLTON
Send resume and a copy of driver’s abstract to email@example.com
AZ Drivers – Full Time – BRANTFORD
We are currently recruiting experienced AZ Drivers with the following experience to join our Brantford, Ontario team.
- Familiar with haulage of aggregates using end dump and poly pup trailers
- Experience with manual and automatic transmissions
- Knowledge of Brantford and surrounding areas
- Able to adhere to all safety regulations and policies
We offer a safe, fun, and respectful place to work that allows you to be home with your family at the end of every workday.
Our AZ drivers enjoy competitive hourly wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Send resume and a copy of driver’s abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org