At James Dick Companies we have a mission to make our workplaces safe, fun and respectful places to work. We work hard during the construction season and our people earn a good living for their families. We have benefits packages for our employees and their families. We treat everyone the way we like to be treated ourselves.
If you are a driver, we offer opportunities to run a well maintained truck on regional deliveries, close to home and family. You sleep in your own bed, home every night.
Consider joining our team, you will be happy you did.
For current employment opportunities, please see below.
Dispatcher – Full Time – BOLTON
We currently have an opening for a Dispatcher to work the morning shift in our Bolton office. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Dispatcher will oversee the day-to-day activities of company drivers ensuring they provide safe, timely deliveries combined with excellent customer service.
- Receive incoming calls from our customers and drivers
- Schedule work and dispatch trucks & employees in an organized manner
- Organize routes and workloads based on urgency, location, and truck availability
- Schedule customer deliveries with logic & efficiency
- Collaborate with the entire dispatch team to coordinate truck schedules
- Input projects and orders into the computer system
- Effectively communicate with drivers via two-way radio and telephone
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate customer needs
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last-minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes, road construction, or other traffic issues
- Work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries when roadblocks exist
- Minimum one-year dispatching experience
- Working knowledge of Southern Ontario’s highway system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem-solving skills and strong customer service
- Team player who can work harmoniously with our dispatch team
- Knowledge of aggregate material (preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Commitment to exceeding customer expectations
You must be able to start work in our Bolton office at 5 am.
This is a full-time, salaried position that offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Consider joining our team.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
310 Technicians & Mechanic Apprentices – Full Time – BOLTON
We are always looking for experienced 310T Technicians.
- Run diagnostic tests & perform inspections
- Diagnose electronics: transmissions, brakes & engines
- Troubleshoot & perform repairs on heavy trucks and trailers
- Inspect & test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults & malfunctions using computerized systems and testing equipment
- Adequately perform evaluations & repairs on transmissions, brakes and engines
- Complete maintenance reports & documentation using shop computer system
- Examine equipment: repair & replace deficiencies
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform provincial annual inspections
- Perform equipment testing to ensure equipment meets manufacturers specifications
- Diesel Engine Repair Experience: fuel injection systems, lubrication systems, cooling systems and exhaust systems
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills
- Effective problem solver
- Professional service attitude
- Prior fleet maintenance experience on heavy vehicles is an asset
- Possess a strong work ethic, a high degree of responsibility and accountability
- Must be punctual & able to work independently
- Safety conscious – Ability to create and maintain a safe working environment
- Must have own tools
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Truck Technician (Minimum 3-5 yrs. experience required)
- 310T License or apprentice mechanic
- Technical training on International, Mack, Freightliner, Cummins, etc. would be an asset.
- Valid G license or higher
Safety is key in our business. You will play a crucial role in maintaining vehicle safety and efficiency. You will be tasked with the maintenance and repair of our fleet which consists of a mix of trucks, trailers and specialized equipment.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Snow Plow Drivers – Full Time / Part Time
James Dick Construction Limited has provided winter maintenance to municipalities throughout the GTA for many years. We are currently gearing up for another winter maintenance season.
Snow Plow Drivers are required to join our Winter Maintenance Team servicing local municipal roads.
DZ Licence with experience required.
Experience plowing municipal roads would be considered an asset.
Standard and automatic transmission experience preferred.
Will provide plow training to experienced DZ drivers.
We offer full-time snow plow positions for the winter months with dump truck positions available in the spring.
Must live within a 40-minute drive of Maple/Vaughan.
Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
Expected start date: 2021-10-01
Please forward a resume and current driver’s abstract & CVOR to firstname.lastname@example.org
AZ Drivers – Full Time – BOLTON
Send resume and a copy of driver’s abstract to email@example.com
AZ Drivers – Full Time – BRANTFORD
We are currently recruiting experienced AZ Drivers with the following experience to join our Brantford, Ontario team.
- Familiar with haulage of aggregates using end dump and poly pup trailers
- Experience with manual and automatic transmissions
- Knowledge of Brantford and surrounding areas
- Able to adhere to all safety regulations and policies
We offer a safe, fun, and respectful place to work that allows you to be home with your family at the end of every workday.
Our AZ drivers enjoy competitive hourly wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Send resume and a copy of driver’s abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org