At James Dick Companies we have a mission to make our workplaces safe, fun and respectful places to work. We work hard during the construction season and our people earn a good living for their families. We have benefits packages for our employees and their families. We treat everyone the way we like to be treated ourselves.
If you are a driver, we offer opportunities to run a well maintained truck on regional deliveries, close to home and family. You sleep in your own bed, home every night.
Consider joining our team, you will be happy you did.
For current employment opportunities, please see below.
Junior Dispatcher – Full Time – BOLTON
- Receive incoming calls from our customers and drivers
- Schedule work and dispatch trucks & employees in an organized manner
- Organize routes and workloads based on urgency, location and truck availability
- Schedule customer deliveries with logic & efficiency
- Collaborate with the entire dispatch team to coordinate truck schedules
- Input projects and orders into the computer system
- Effectively communicate with drivers via two-way radio and telephone
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate customer needs
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last-minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes, road construction, or other traffic issues
- Work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries when roadblocks exist
- Minimum one year dispatching experience
- Working knowledge of Southern Ontario’s highway system
- Strong communication written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem-solving skills and strong customer service
- Team player who can work harmoniously with our dispatch team
- Knowledge of aggregate material (preferred)
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Commitment to exceeding customer expectations
The successful candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Junior Dispatcher will oversee the day-to-day activities of company drivers ensuring they provide safe, timely deliveries combined with excellent customer service.
310 Technicians & Mechanic Apprentices – Full Time – BOLTON
- Run diagnostic tests & perform inspections
- Diagnose electronics: transmissions, brakes & engines
- Troubleshoot & perform repairs on heavy trucks and trailers
- Inspect & test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults & malfunctions using computerized systems and testing equipment
- Adequately perform evaluations & repairs on transmissions, brakes and engines
- Complete maintenance reports & documentation using shop computer system
- Examine equipment: repair & replace deficiencies
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform provincial annual inspections
- Perform equipment testing to ensure equipment meets manufacturers specifications
- Diesel Engine Repair Experience: fuel injection systems, lubrication systems, cooling systems and exhaust systems
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills
- Effective problem solver
- Professional service attitude
- Prior fleet maintenance experience on heavy vehicles is an asset
- Possess a strong work ethic, a high degree of responsibility and accountability
- Must be punctual & able to work independently
- Safety conscious – Ability to create and maintain a safe working environment
- Must have own tools
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Truck Technician (Minimum 3-5 yrs. experience required)
- 310T License or apprentice mechanic
- Technical training on International, Mack, Freightliner, Cummins, etc. would be an asset.
- Valid G license or higher
Safety is key in our business. You will play a crucial role in maintaining vehicle safety and efficiency. You will be tasked with the maintenance and repair of our fleet which consists of a mix of trucks, trailers and specialized equipment.